Rural Hospital Tax Credit
Help improve health care in our community through Georgia’s rural hospital expense tax credit opportunity! Morgan Medical Center (formerly Morgan Memorial Hospital) is partnering with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement an exciting rural hospital tax credit. For more information, watch these brief videos below:
What is the Georgia HEART rural hospital organization (“RHO”) expense tax credit?
- The Georgia General Assembly passed legislation that enables Georgia taxpayers receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
- There is a cap of $60 million in available tax credits per year under the program.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
- If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Morgan Medical Center from January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year, as follows:
- Individual Filer – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $5,000
- Married Filing Jointly – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000
- Pass-Through Entity – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000, so long as they would have paid Georgia income tax in that amount on their share of taxable income from the pass-through entity
- C-Corporation or Trust – 100% of the amount contributed or 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less
- On July 1, if any of the $60 million cap remains available, the above limits for individual and married filing joint taxpayers are waived.
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2020 HEART Tax Credit Form at georgiaheart.org.
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the GA DOR in the order in which it is received.
- Within 180 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval or by December 31, 2020, send a check made payable to Morgan Medical Center to Georgia HEART at 3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092 for deposit to our account.
- Georgia HEART will report your contribution to the DOR on your behalf and will send you a tax receipt.
- You will claim the credit when you file your 2020 tax return.
Your contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide for the health care of individuals in our community! For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, contact Megan Morris, Director, Community Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 752-2237. You may also visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Georgia HEART staff at email@example.com.